Saturday 5 November 2011

First try at making jewellery

Went to Birmingham to find out that the company who was doing the make and take was located where I live!

Also found out that my eye sight is just not good enough for jewellery making. Had real trouble actually seeing the holes in the beads to let me thread them onto the beads "chain" - making jewellery making a bit difficult!

But I did manage to make the necklace and matching earrings in the allotted hour the make and take was meant to last.

Am really pleased with the end results and when I got home everyone I showed them to thought they look good.

I know they are only costume jewellery and by no means in the price bracket of mums normal jewellery but I think will she wear the necklace. No to sure about the earrings as mum doesn't normally wear this style so will have to see about that one.

(Photo to follow)

No comments: